Psychotherapist & Counsellor - MBACP MNCS (Accred)
PGC(Univ of Wales), AdvProfDip, DipPsyCoun
PGC(Univ of Wales), AdvProfDip, DipPsyCoun
- Free Introduction session available if you are looking for a Counsellor who can help you
I am offering 12 for price of 11 counselling sessions at a reduced rate for May 2021- contact me now for more information
I am working with clients for counselling and psychotherapy sessions via FaceTime or other platforms, but not in person during the Covid-19 crisis. This is still an excellent way in which to have counselling or therapy for any issues you might be experiencing during this serious time, where I am able to offer you support.
Welcome to my website
- I understand that whatever your reason for seeking individual psychotherapy or counselling, it is sometimes difficult to take that first step and finding the right therapist is often challenging. I will listen to you with empathy and without judgment. I hope that here on my website you are able to get to know a little about me and the way in which I work. I am based here at my practice in Finchley, London N3, but I am now working online only offering you access to my help and support via Zoom or FaceTime therapy sessions.
How can I help you?
- Therapy or Counselling is often the first opportunity you might have had to talk to someone who is not family or a friend. Therapy or counselling, offer a way in which you can explore your difficult issues, and where I, as an experienced therapist, can offer a supportive, non-judgmental and confidential online space to do that. I have helped my clients to explore and understand many issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, relationships, feeling sad, panic attacks, family difficulties, PTSD, separation & divorce, self-harm and OCD.
I am always happy to meet you for an initial therapy session online. This will hopefully help you to make the right decision when it comes to choosing a professional therapist. The consultation provides you with an opportunity to ask me questions about the way in which I can work with you and will hopefully allow you to feel clearer about how therapy might help you and how the quality of our relationship is integral to that.
I work with you in therapy " to help you to understand your own life and relationships, and to hopefully live it in a way that is right for you"
Why are you considering Psychotherapy or Counselling?
- Struggling with our feelings or with patterns of behaviour is a part of life, that can make you feel sad. You might be having difficulty in avoiding painful feelings and experiences but you can choose how to deal with them. Counselling can help you in trying to understand how to respond to your own life and relationships. Psychotherapy is particularly helpful when you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed and unable to make sense of these feelings. Seeking help from an experienced practitioner, Psychotherapist & Counsellor, means you are taking the first step to a more positive outlook and better future. I have many years of experience in working with my clients in using both Psychotherapy or Counselling, for issues such as - anxiety, depression, stress, anger, feeling sad, relationship issues, separation, infidelity and divorce.
"Whatever issue you choose to bring into the virtual counselling room will be respected and explored sensitively, at your own pace"
If you are experiencing feeling sad or angry with a particular issue or relationship in your life, then counselling could be the way for you to address this. Counselling is particularly effective shorter length of treatment for anxiety or panic attacks that have become habitual or need immediate help with overcoming and can be addressed whilst offering you insight into your lifestyle and the challenges that it can create. These difficulties can be addressed whilst working together on how to improve upon these for better long term outcomes, leading to a happier and more fulfilled life. Psychotherapy and counselling, can be used to look in depth at issues from the past that are perhaps affecting your life and relationships in the present, creating anxiety and unhappiness. Therapy can help to bring about change which in turn can lead to long term resolution and clarity. It is a detailed way of helping you explore issues and relationships that are impacting upon your daily life that you feel you would like to change and will usually take time over some months or longer.
Here are some recent client's own words about their experience of therapy with me -
"I honestly can't thank you enough Sarah, for being so understanding - it has made things much easier. You manage to make therapy feel far less clinical than it could be, from day one I have felt very relaxed in your presence. Whatever topic I have chosen to bring in , I have never felt overly nervous discussing it with you - this is not easily found in a therapy, so I know I am lucky"
Client X, 2019
Client X, 2019
"I was at my lowest ebb, with zero self-confidence and didn't recognise or know myself anymore. As a stay at home mum I felt isolated and insignificant. I was very anxious about seeking help, but it has proved to be the bravest decision I have made. Sarah was a safe haven of understanding and more importantly, she was really easy to talk to. Thank you Sarah" Client A, 2018
"I would just like to Thank You again, Sarah! You are fantastic and have helped me and my relationships so much at a difficult time" Client B 2019
How to make an Appointment with me
- Please do feel free to contact me in confidence by phone 07791 166 056 or click here to email me if you have any questions about my service, without obligation. I am always happy to discuss how psychotherapy or counselling with me might help you.
All appointments take place online via FaceTime or an alternative online confidential platform, and are 50 minute sessions.
Daytime appointments Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Evening appointments for counselling and psychotherapy are available by arrangement - please contact me for details
- I am an Accredited Registered Member of the National Counselling Society and I abide by their Code of Ethics to work to a high standard of professional practice
I am on a register accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
I am a Registered Member of BACP, British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and I work to a high standard of professional excellence, abiding by the BACP ethical framework for good practice. I engage in regular professional supervision as part of the BACP requirements and attend additional CPD (Continuing Professional Development) training courses on an on-going basis.
I hold Professional Indemnity Insurance
Please contact me with any questions you might have about how counselling or psychotherapy with me could help you, I would be happy to speak to you in confidence 07791 166 056 or click here to email me